Tuesday, December 01, 2009




My oh my. What busy few weeks! Can I just sit on the couch and do nothing yet? Not quite. After our great Thanksgiving, we spent several days cooking, cleaning, and generally preparing for the No Mo' Chemo party. We had a good crowd -- at least 50 people -- come and celebrate the end of chemo with us. We made so much food! I was concerned about having enough (after all, I don't cook for that big of a crowd often) but there was plenty. We're going to nibble on leftovers from Thanksgiving and the party most of this week. The smartest idea for the party was to hire a few teenagers to help out. They helped replenish food dishes that were running low, cleaned up garbage, took coats, and did a fair share of the cleaning. They really helped make it easier for Greg and I to enjoy the party rather than working it once it arrived.


Sunday was Cate's first dress rehearasal for "Nutcracker Sweets" -- her ballet recital. She was nervous about being on stage, and kept telling me she had stage fright. Once she hit the stage for the dress rehearsal, though, her tune changed. I heard instead lots of comments like "I LIKE the stage, mommy!"

No comments: