Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Greg is away in Washington DC and the kids and I are hunkered in at the house. Yep, we basically haven't left the house in nearly 72 hours for anything but the purchase of a thermometer. Christopher was the first to fall -- I knew he wasn't feeling well when he told me on Saturday that he was too tired to play with his best friend Josh. There's a telltale sign. I started feeling badly on Monday afternoon and by the evening I knew that I was feverish. At about 9:30 last night he came upstairs shivering and we found his fever at 103.6. We've been reading a lot "Little House on the Prairie" lately and I must admit I was pretty thankful to have ibuprofen last night to bring that fever right down.

Cate has been snotty but not feverish. I sent her to school on Monday. Nonetheless, I found this note written to me last night when I went to check on her before I went to bed. What to do but call it an official sick day and have the three of us hunkered down for good. We've watched far too much television. We've taken lots of little naps on the couch. Toph and I are still feverish but I'm hoping Cate might be back at school tomorrow. Wish us luck!


No comments: