


Spring Break!
I'm pretty sure that these photos are not what most people expect when they hear Spring Break. There are no beach photos, no swimsuits. Nope, this is Spring Break Alaska style! We've actually enjoyed (for us) great Spring Break weather -- it's been warm (for us) and sunny. The kids have had an opportunity to get out and enjoy some fun with friends. Doesn't everybody enjoy Spring Break by building snow caves (and then destroying them) like Christopher did with his buddy Carter? Or by heading out to the park in their snow pants, boots, gloves, and hats like Cate did with her BFF Ani?
Greg is traveling to Phoenix this week and the kids and I have actually had a fairly nice week. I've gotten less work done than I might like, but I'm trying not to let that bother me. We've hit the swimming pool together, watched the PBS 25th anniversary concert of "Les Miserables" together, played with friends, baked banana muffins, and replenished the book pile (especially for Toph). By the end of the week I will also have completed a craft project with a friend to recover the entry way bench. It's all part of my attempt to actually decorate my house.
It's definitely a glass half full or glass half empty situation. There are still many things on the "to do" list for this week that we haven't quite gotten to -- everything from enjoying more time with friends, to completing science share projects. The week is already half over. Guess I'll go enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment