


Where does the time go? No, seriously -- if anybody knows where it is slipping to, please let me know. I (naively?) thought that with taking a break from work projects this year that I would have plenty of time to spare. A friend recently reminded me, however, that "money and time are two things that you can never have enough of -- you somehow easily use whatever you've got."
So where is the time going? Well, I think it may be going to the driving -- I'm more involved at the kids' school, which is a trek away. As a result, I find myself driving more than usual. Add in Christopher's growing interest in swimming and the new days of driving to the pool and it is easy to see that much of my time these days is spent in the car. As an example -- last Monday I drove the carpool home at 2:50, drove to piano lessons at 3:45, drove Christopher to swimming team at 4:30, drove home and made dinner, then drove Christopher to Boy Scouts at 7:00 pm through a fairly intense driving snow storm. And that was just the afternoon! And thank goodness that a friend was willing to drive Christopher home from Boy Scouts so that Cate and I didn't have to stay for the hour and half meeting.
Other than that, I am putting time into participating in an oncology rehab program. Most people do the rehab program during their active treatment (chemo or radiation). I found it easy enough to keep up with exercise during that period -- it's the changes in metabolism that my current targeted hormonal therapy are causing that is making me need to make dietary and exercise changes. I'm excited to be part of the program -- but it is taking some serious time. It's 4 hours each week of exercise, stretching, and meditation.
Add in planning for our summer trip to Scotland and England, participating in kids' activities, involvement with church and other charitable organizations I care about and the time seems to slip away. Goal? More time to meet friends for coffee, more date nights with my husband, and maybe, just maybe, a little less driving.
In the meantime, a few bonus photos of Cate from recent weeks. Here she is being wheeled into adenoid surgery (she was a champ!) and participating as Mother Bear in a school play production of "The Three Little Bears." Final photo shows the entire class/ cast in costume (they performed various fairy tales from "Three Billy Goats Gruff" to "Puss In Boots."
No comments:
Post a Comment