
I'm so in the holiday mood. I finished a deadline at work this week and am taking advantage of the timing to get completely in the holiday spirit. I never know when the deadlines will show up again so I'm taking it while I can get it.
This week we put up lights and garlands and Greg even put up the tree before he left for Texas for the week. Cate begged him to put it up on his next day home from work. Unfortunately, because he's at this conference, that will be quite a while. So, he stayed up quite late Friday night before he caught his early morning flight to put the tree up for his daughter. Great dad.
Also on the agenda, planning the Thanksgiving meal. So far it includes:
Turkey
Gravy with truffle oil
Stuffing (still searching for the perfect recipe)
Streusel sweet potato casserole
Mashed potatoes
Dinner rolls
Winter fruit salad with fresh poppyseed dressing
Green beans with bacon bits
Homemade Apple Pie
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
In addition, Brooke will bring a few things for the kids with allergies so that we don't have to cook to the lowest common denominator.
And finally, I bit the bullet and bought tickets to the Nutcracker ballet for when my folks are here over Thanksgiving. The kids love it -- and how many times does Grandma get to go to the ballet with her grandkids? Matinees don't bust the wallet too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment