Praise the Lord, I'm on the upswing from whooping cough. I don't recommend contracting the disease. I was coughing violently and incessantly for an entire week. I just couldn't manage to get myself off the couch. Thankfully, I'm now coughing only occasionally and beginning to get my energy back. I'm not back to a normal routine yet but I'm making progress.
In the meantime, Spring must be on the way because I'm having an overwhelming urge to clean house and organize. While recuperating from my illness, I found I didn't have enough energy to leave the house, but could muster an hour here or there to do something not terribly strenuous around the house. I started with the toy room and gave away 2 giant hefty garbage bags full of toys to a very happy woman from Craigslist. I also threw away another two large bags from the toy room of stuff that nobody would even want for free.
Yesterday, I helped Christopher to clean his room, bathroom, and closet, and took several large bags of clothes that were too small to Kaes for hand me downs. We've also now cleaned out Cate's closet, the coat closet on the main floor and the closet under the stairs. I've got a trip to the dump and a trip to Big Brothers/Big Sisters in my near future. It feels awesome!
On the horizon (maybe a Spring Break project?) I'm going to finally organize the garage, which never got its due after the move. Oh yeah, Spring must be in the air.
2 comments:
Sweetie, leave the garage organization to someone with a stronger back. Or maybe hire some hunky guy to help with the heavy lifting. :)
Glad to hear you're feeling better!
Post a Comment