Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh how I miss my iphone (it went missing on my birthday, the day my hair started falling out...I think I was a bit preoccupied and seemed to have misplaced it for good)....yesterday Cate rang the bell at swimming and I would have loved a photo of her shining face. She had told me that day she was close to graduating level 6, but I am sad to report that I didn't really believe her. Level 6 is tough -- Christopher was there for at least 9 months. Cate's only been there for a few months. But the girl was right and happily rang the bell to move up to level 7, where she'll be learning breaststroke.

I love how proficient my kids are getting at swimming. It's great exercise, can be done year round in Alaska, and makes me feel more confident when we're on vacation at places where we get to swim -- I feel sure that they're going to have the right mix of water safety and swim skills to make the vacation fun and safe. Plus, should they decide to stick with it, it's a great competetive sport and I think they could have fun on swim team should they choose to do it.

Great reports from Christopher at cub scout camp. He's having a ball. Our only problem is first thing in the morning. We're having to all get back into the habit of early to bed, early to rise in order to accomodate his 7:45 carpool to the campgrounds. I can't say he is waking up feeling completely rested and ready to start the day.

Talked to my oncologist yesterday and got the approval to move forward with chemo as scheduled next Tuesday. I'm praying my gallbladder doesn't cause problems so that I may put off any surgeries until at least 4 rounds of chemo, and completing all 6 would be even better. Apparently, until recently 4 rounds of my chemo cocktail were the protocol treatment. Recent advances and research show that 6 rounds are better. But completing at least 4 rounds would make it easier to add on 2 later after surgery recouperation. I'm still hoping to get through all 6, with 4 being minimum. It sounds like that would make my whole treatment plan a whole lot less complicated. Praying for a lack of infection, fever, or pain that would cause them to re-evaluate that treatment plan.

2 comments:

jaime said...

Praying for your gallbladder to behave! And sorry about your iPhone, that stinks :(

Doug said...

Here's rooting for you!