Friday, October 23, 2009


Lately, Christopher and I have been enjoying a new evening tradition. As the cold Fall nights descend upon us, I get Cate off to bed, and then Christopher and I sit by the fire, drink tea, and each of us quietly reads our own books.

Christopher has become a fan of Perfect Peach tea, and I've been drinking an Echinachea wellness tea. Friday night, Greg was on a business trip. Instead of a family movie night, Christopher and I just both stayed up a bit later than normal reading quietly together til past 9pm. It was a sweet time together -- one of those things that makes you realize how much your kids are growing up. We got a late start on all the "Battle of the Books" books so he's having to work pretty hard to catch up if he wants to participate. I think the battle is the first week in November and he has at least 5 books left, even though he's been making very strong and consistent progress. I think I just should have bought the books right when school started rather than waiting a month. I guess either way, the program has brought a number of books into his pathway that he has really enjoyed, especially "Clementine," "Gooseberry Park," and "The Penderwickes."

2 comments:

Doug said...

Yeah, yeah, evening tradition, Perfect Peach tea, whatever... the real question is, what's that on Christopher's mug? "Pegasus" something or other?

jjloudon said...

Pegasus Air...an old client of Greg's. They recently sold their business for quite a mint -- they worked hard, built a business, and sold it early enough and for enough money to go enjoy a life of leisure. Not bad.