Monday, November 02, 2009







Halloween was a bit different than what we expected. On Friday, Cate woke up with a fever, coughing, and sore throat. Saturday we took her into the doctor's and she has a suspected case of swine flu. Thankfully, they put her on Tamiflu and she's doing fairly well.Christopher and I are on a preventive dose of Tamiflu (because of Christopher's asthma, he is high risk. And post-chemo, I'd rather not get it either). She had a full day without fever yesterday and I'm keeping her home one more day to make sure that the fever doesn't return. Still, Halloween was her worst day with the illness, so she ended up staying home to carve the pumpkin with dad while Christopher went trick or treating with the neighbors. It was quite sweet to see how excited she was to carve with daddy -- he's been working a lot and travelling a lot for the past month so she seemed to really appreciate the special time alone with dad without sharing him with her brother.


The other photo shows Cate, Christopher, and Christopher's best bud Josh in front of the Halloween carnival at school last weekend. Cate is dressed as Ariel the mermaid, Josh is a soldier, and Christopher is George Harrison (his guitar is strapped to his back). Yes, George Harrison. Our purchase of Beatles Rock Band has convinced Christopher that the Beatles are the coolest band ever. And I can't disagree. It just cracks me up that he chose George as his favorite Beatle. When people had a difficult time figuring out who he was he complained "People just don't have enough imagination."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sorry to heat about Cate being sick, hope she feels better soon!

I dressed as Ariel from the Little Mermaid when I was in 2nd grade. It's still probably my favorite Disney movie. Cate's costume looks great!

Also, this huge Beatles fan LOVES that Christopher went as George Harrison!

Hope you all are doing well!