Good news around here -- we finally got rid of the giant fans drying the house out. We also got an adjuster in. I didn't realize how those loud fans were making cranky. But boy, oh boy, it's nice to have some peace and quiet. The adjuster made me feel better, too. After spending much of the past year fighting with health insurance companies, it was lovely to have the homeowners insurance people not quibble about a thing. They gave me hope that this would all go smoothly.
In other news, today is both Maundy Thursday and April Fool's Day. Those are quite odd holidays to be juxtaposed together on the same calendar. I'm not a giant fan of April Fool's, but apparently Cate is. She placed Snoopy in the refrigerator as a joke on mom. She also called our house and left a barking message -- probably from Snoopy telling me to get him out of the refrigerator. She's a funny girl.
Cate and I also did our annual Maundy Thursday routine. Our church doesn't have a Maundy Thursday service, so we create our own at home. We read the story of the Last Supper and wash each other's feet. Yes, it's biblical -- and Cate loves it. Every year I say I'm going to figure out a kids' seder to take them to, but it never seems to work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment