


Saturday we will be continuing with the post-cancer World Tour. Next stop -- Hawaii. Because our 3 week trip to Europe, including sailing the Greek Isles this summer just wasn't enough vacation time for one year (can you hear my sarcasm?).
The truth of the matter is that I have never before agreed to come with Greg on his conference at this time of the year. I know he has to work and it has just seemed not worth the extra money, the time with the kids out of school, etc. I had a million excuses to stay home with the kids. Cancer has made me re-evaluate and see the benefit of taking time to enjoy our family and build lifelong memories. We'll spend 5 nights in Oahu right in Waikiki at the Hyatt before jetting off to Kauai. We'll spend 3 nights on the north side of the island in Hanalei Bay. If that name sounds familiar, you're probably whistling a little Peter, Paul & Mary in your head right now ("in a land called Hanalei" -- yes, it was apparently written here). Hanalei is supposed to be a very low-key, unspoiled type of place. It will likely be very different from the previous Waikiki stay. We'll then head to south Kauai to Poipu to stay 6 nights at the Kauai Grand Hyatt. This will undoubtedly be the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. I imagine it's the kind of place where you could easily find yourself not wanting to leave the grounds.
I'm feeling fortunate. I have so much to be thankful for this year at Thanksgiving. Since finishing treatment, I've had two friends be diagnosed and both are still in the thick of things. And here I am preparing for my 4th and 5th week of beach vacations in 2010. Blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment