Tuesday, January 04, 2011



Ssshhh...don't tell Grandma Polly. We decided this year that she might especially appreciate a kids-made gift for her birthday. I know grandmas generally like grandkid made items at any time. This year, with her newly moved further away from the grandkids, though, I thought she might especially appreciate a daily reminder of the kids.

We headed off to Color Me Mine at the mall over the weekend to get something started. Color Me Mine is a franchise where you pick out a pottery item to self-decorate. They provide the paints and the glazing while you provide the creativity for your design. Oh, and they also provide the clean-up from all the painting mess. That is something the parents generally appreciate! I was able to talk Christopher into making a coffee mug -- he understands the value to most grown-ups of a coffee mug and the importance of coffee in our lives). I couldn't talk Cate into making a plate, bowl, or cup -- she was insistent that Grandma needed a jewelry box. Ah well. I'm sure it will be loved. And I've learned that it is virtually impossible to talk Cate out of something once her mind is made up.

No comments: