As I sit here on this very wet and dark morning, I thought I'd post on some photos from brighter and less rainy days this summer. Here are a few from Blueberry Safari, the famous (or is that infamous) family camping trip on the Denali Highway. These were taken on the Saturday of the trip -- the shining bit of sun and dryness that we experienced. Great weather for the boys to head out gold panning while the girls "panned" for their own type of gold (aka blueberries). These photos show Ramy showing the boys how to pan for gold and what to look for with gold. He's working on a geologic engineering degree at UAF right now and has developed a real interest in gold detection. It was quite lovely for him to share his newfound knowledge with the rest of the family. I love the photo of the river and tundra. The Denali Highway is remote, but incredibly unique and beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment