Thursday, October 26, 2006

Winter Wonderland
Christopher went outside to get the paper this morning and came back yelling, "Guys! You've got to come see this! It's really cold outside, and there is a special reason it is so cold! It's snowing!"

Yep, the little guy was right. We got our first splattering of snow last night. Not enough to cover the lawns completely, but enough to make driving messy. And a light snow continues to fall this morning. I'm very glad that I had the kids' boots, gloves, coats, and snowpants all figured out and ready to go. It made this morning much less crazy than it could have been. Do wish that I had my snow tires on, though. I need to buy new ones and I'm praying that roads won't be too terrible this afternoon when I go pick up Christopher. Greg just called on his cell phone and as we chatted, he said "ohh...just saw an accident happen." I'm guessing there will be a lot of that today.

It is great to see the kids' excitement at the new, fresh snow. I need to take my cues from them!

1 comment:

Jed said...

Yay for snow! I can't wait!