I had a great time at the Women's Retreat at the Alyeska Prince resort hotel. Two days without driving kids around, wiping bottoms, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, getting up early, or having any real responsibility. Can't complain about that. And on top of it, I got to spend time with friends, get to know other potential friends better, and learn more about my faith. The kids were happy to see me. Christopher had made me a card with a "pocket" in front (a piece of little paper scotch-taped to the front) with a Hershey's kiss in it. Inside, was a picture of me, with a pink heart over my chest, and the words, "I love you mommy" printed inside. Love that kid.
I wish I had a tape recorder to record and play you the songs my kids were creating last night in the car on the way to church. Cate was making up songs about dinner and singing them. Then she'd take turns and let Christopher make up a song. One of his was a quite elaborate tale about the man on the moon wanting to eat cheese and sending an alien down to earth to bring some cheese back to him. Future composers in our midst?
A friend just emailed this picture from Cate at her school Halloween party. Just had to post it because it is so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment