Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Day
Our friends the Van Doorne's happened to also be in Hawaii with a few days overlapping our trip. So, on Thanksgiving we met bright and early at Hanauma Bay. We met early because they only let in a certain number of people before closing off the bay to visitors. Once the parking lot is full, the beach is closed off from additional visitors. It's part of a restoration of the bay to try to limit visitors.

The kids had great fun seeing their buddies on a beach in Hawaii. How odd is that for Alaskans? And I just loved the snorkeling. I love to snorkel with Greg as my buddy. He's very skilled at it, and shares his skills with me (I'm getting better all the time). And his confidence spills over to me so that I feel confident going on an adventure I wouldn't otherwise feel comfortable going on. We saw some amazing fish, a few turtles, and lots of coral. I love the feeling of floating with my hubby and sharing this underwater world together. A great morning for me.

The Van Doornes were kind enough to invite us for the Thanksgiving picnic on the beach later in the day. Turkey and sunset on the beach with friends -- and I didn't have to cook or clean. Could be a lot worse.

No comments: