"It’s so ugly, and so odd!”
-- Christopher’s assessment of what was beneath the pink wallpaper in the master bedroom.
I never appreciated the pink, country flower motif of the wallpaper in our bedroom….until yesterday. I never knew what a favor the previous owners did for us when they hung that pink wallpaper. Look what is underneath!
-- Christopher’s assessment of what was beneath the pink wallpaper in the master bedroom.
I never appreciated the pink, country flower motif of the wallpaper in our bedroom….until yesterday. I never knew what a favor the previous owners did for us when they hung that pink wallpaper. Look what is underneath!
Yes, another wallpaper is underneath. It’s almost sheer, irridescent in BLACK AND ORANGE almost in a tye-dye pattern. I bet it looked great if you happened to be dropping acid while looking at it, but otherwise it’s hard to imagine anybody ever wanting this in their master bedroom. Funky, psychedelic, and looking like it would be right at home in the Playboy Mansion or a Vegas hotel room. Downright odd, as Christopher noted (and don't you love that boy's vocabulary usage?).
We had tried removing the pink wallpaper before, but found a dark black tarry looking something underneath. This scared us -- it looked like some kind of tar paper, which one wouldn't expect to see beneath wallpaper, and we figured we had better stop before we got a much bigger remodel job than we had in mind. As a result, we lived with the pink, Laura Ashley looking stuff for 8 years. Oh how I wish we had pulled it down years ago and lived with something much nicer. It is such a bummer that all those projects on the honey-do list get done right as you prepare to move out.
On the good side of things:
1) After almost 2 full days of removing wallpaper and smelling that wallpaper glue I should be done by noon today. Hurray! Then we can get some attractive, non-abrasive colors on the walls in the bathroom, kitchen, and guest bathroom.
2) Should be meeting with the flooring guy today to finalize choices on laminate floor for the new house. And a schedule for installment.
3) Talked with a mover who had been recommended by a friend at church. We're scheduled for a Feb. 20 move in the afternoon.
4) Meeting scheduled with our realtor for Saturday to finish the listing papers, meet with the contractor who will be doing some of the painting/fixing up of the current house, as well as the realtor-paid for designer who will help pick colors, etc. that help improve the value of the house.
1 comment:
Crazy! Your house might look so good you won't want to move. . . just kidding.
Post a Comment