Quick Update:
I'm on my way out the door to meet with a client about a new work project. After wishing for more work this winter, wouldn't you know it would show up right in the midst of the craziness? I'm hoping and praying it will just distract me from stressing over things that aren't in my control. And it'll be great to get started on it in my new home office that I'm so excited about.
We had a very cozy Valentine's last night. We just rested from the busy-ness, watched "Lost" and shared a wonderful bottle of wine. I'm so very grateful for my husband. My friend Sarah used to say that her husband, Dan, soothed her. Lately, I very much understand what she meant. Greg is very good at soothing me -- in the midst of my stress when I get myself all worked up, he soothes me. What a wonderful Valentine.
Had the inspector to our house yesterday. We were less than happy with his report. He reported on all kinds of cosmetic things that we're in the middle of fixing. They aren't structural, so why do they need to be in a report that might make somebody worried about the house? He noted things like stains on the carpet downstairs when we already have a scheduled workman coming to replace the carpet. Or walls without texture because we just tore down the wallpaper. When those things get added up they could scare away a potential buyer even if all those items have been fixed. Also, he included some editorial comments that were not factual that could scare away a buyer. Again, thankful for a soothing husband who reminds me that we're not on a timeclock for getting the house ready for sell. We can carry both houses even if we wouldn't want to.
Off to get Cate to school and me to my meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment