Tuesday, September 25, 2007


Calling all Martha Stewart Wanna-Be's! You have a job to do -- namely, help me make my new remodeled kitchen beautiful. I have very few home decoration skills. If we are going to all the trouble to remodel the kitchen, I'd like to make it end up looking beautiful, contemporary, but timeless -- and in or under budget.


After perusing online through probably 700 pendant lights, the following is currently in the top spot. It took the spot after Greg's co-worker (who does have design sense and even reads the magazines for trends) advised us that the hanging, conical brightly colored glass lights (which are quite beautiful, I think) are on their way out and that they would be likely to be similar to the harvest gold refrigerators of yesteryear -- cool in the moment, but quickly out of date. Any thoughts? My blog readers are quiet folk (few comments) but I'd love to hear your thoughts. You undoubtedly have better design sense than I do....what do you think?

2 comments:

Jed said...

Both Jed and I approve! They're nice, clean and simple looking while being stylish. They kind of look like rice paper lamps. What is the rest of your kitchen like?

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Those are cute. You might want to check out a blog called designmom.com. I don't know that she would solve this issue, but she seems to have some really good design sense.