Alright, so I was "tagged" by my friend Lisa on her blog to write 6 random things about myself on my blog today and then "tag" additional bloggers.
Here's how you play:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write six random things about yourself.
3. Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.
Six random things about Jenny:
1. I consider myself a gigantic nerd, and am proud of the classification. Who wants to be too cool? My girlfriends and I spent hours last weekend in Carmel laughing about our nerdiness and determined that our common nerdiness is why we have remained friends for so long -- it's the nerd bond. And just a few minutes ago at lunchtime I told Cate she was so very smart for something she was doing and she replied, "Yes, I'm very smart....and weird." Love that about my kids, too. Go Nerds, go!
2. I have a secret passion for "good" reality television. I pass on the truly horrid (sorry, haven't caught up with the gals currently vying on a reality show to be Paris Hilton's new BFF) but I do like shows that showcase real talent or skill (or lack thereof). But I'm fan of "Project Runway" even though I have little fashion sense of my own, and "American Idol" and "Survivor." I've always felt Greg could make us millionaires on "Survivor" if he wasn't allergic to fish (eating fish is mandatory on those islands or you starve). He's got the hard survival skills and the people skills.
3. My favorite drug is caffeine. I have manifested this addiction in various ways through the years -- it used to be Diet Coke, and then switched to tea for a while, until Greg and his passion for coffee and coffee roasting turned my on to fine coffees. You haven't lived til you've woken up to a quad classic cappucino with freshly roasted beans and a heart made in latte art from foamed milk. Aaah!
4. I've recently discovered my inner baker. During the kitchen remodel I had an overwhelming desire to bake pies (probably because I knew I couldn't boil water, much less bake pies). The baking bug has stuck with me. In the last few weeks I've baked Iced Pumpkin bars for the kids, birthday cupcakes, Rice Krispie bars, and just this morning a Lemon Cake (with all real ingredients like buttermilk and eggs without substitutions for bible study tonight. Baking for people without allergies is heaven).
5. Gregory is my first and only love. And I don't feel like I missed out on a thing. Now that's a great guy!
6. I have a "yes" complex and tend to say "yes" to most things when asked to help. And enjoy it (for the most part). The one exception -- cub scouts. I like Christopher being involved, but feel no desire to sign up for cubmaster or assistant cubmaster. I'll help chaperone field trips and lead games and songs on occassion, and help Christopher meet his requirements. And that's all.
Ok...the only other person I know who occasionally reads my blog and has her own is Jaime (see, I don't really know who all catches up with us via the blog since I don't tend to have heavy commenters -- but I hear from loved ones who read it but don't comment.) So, Jaime and Jed's: A Series of Sundry Events -- you've been tagged!
No comments:
Post a Comment