Friday, October 03, 2008




Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Here's just a few more photos of the kids playing in the leaves on Cate's birthday. The older kids, Abi and Toph, decided to earn money by raking. It was money well spent to see them working together on something useful, even if I will still need to hire the lawn guys to come and finish the Fall clean up.


When Abi and Kaes came to play, they commented that the driveway looked like the Yellow Brick Road from "The Wizard of Oz." The driveway and lawn are completely covered in yellow leaves. There's hardly a smidgen of green left showing. Just goes to show how many trees we have -- and why we need that lawn guy with my back in its current condition.
My back has made great progress, but I've been back to some pain over the past week. The pain is in a different spot, however,and my PT tells me that it is often the case that once you make changes in posture that caused original back problems, it can cause some pain to the muscles that should have been doing the work all along but haven't. So now because I'm doing the "right thing" with my posture, those muscles are revolting. Hopefully, I'll get them trained and then can be a little more close to pain-free.

No comments: