Sunday, December 03, 2006
Just had time to recover from Hawaii when my back went out. On Thursday morning, I reached over to pick up Christopher's boot and I felt my back seize up. I couldn't walk unassisted for the day, so Greg took the day off to help with the kids and make sure I could get to the bathroom and that kind of thing. Friday I had a sitter here to help with Cate, a mom helped bring Christopher home from school, and another friend took me to the doctor so I could get some medicine. Greg has been home in charge of laundry, kids, cooking, and all heavy lifting this weekend. Just when I start feeling good, like last night, I wake up not doing so well and needing help walking again. Today has been better after that early morning pain. I can walk some, get up unassisted, but still have pain with bending or even picking up a pot or a gallon of milk. It's a view into the future that you don't want to see -- the day when needing assistance for those simple tasks will happen more often than not. Praying that by tomorrow I'll be doing substantially better and be able to do basic chores around the house and care for my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment