Cate is a real clothes-horse. Personally, I shop at Value Village thrift stores most of the time, and especially watch out for those 50% off Value Village sales. For better or worse, I don't have a strong sense of fashion, or a willingness to spend tons of money on fashionable and trendy clothes.
Luckily, my little clothes-horse doesn't mind hand-me-downs. Here she is in a pair of jeans from Robin, a friend from swim lessons, and a turtleneck from Abigail. The turtleneck is everything a little girl could hope for -- it's pink, it's sparkly (with silver threads imbedded), and it has 3 princesses' faces emblazoned across the chest. She loves this shirt so much that she actually slept with it last night, bunched up and held in her arms like she would normally hold onto a stuffed animal or doll. You can almost imagine her purring "my precious, my precious" like in the "Lord of The Rings."
It amazes me that a 3-year old can have such a strong sense of what she likes -- of what her fashion sensibility is. I'm still trying to figure that out for myself well into my late 30's. Luckily, the fact that the clothes are "gifts" from older girls she looks up to makes them that much more precious. Once she starts demanding brand new designer label clothes we're in big trouble.
2 comments:
Abigail loved that sweater so much she had to wear it for school pictures! Glad Cate loves it too. I just love the idea of clothes that are loved over and over again.
That's funny that you mention that mom. I was just telling Christopher that as a bedtime story a few nights ago...about how I didn't want to go fishing when I was little because I had to wear pants instead of a dress. He thought that was pretty funny.
Post a Comment