Haven't had much time for posting this week between sick kids, a full day client meeting yesterday, painters in the house causing some disruption to normal routines, and trying to thaw out. Today seemed balmy when I went outside, so I checked the thermostat -- it was only -4. When -4 seems warm, you know you're in trouble. We've had -15 in the days for the past week and it's been driving just about everybody crazy. It makes you want to curl up on a couch with a good book and a steaming cup of tea. It doesn't make you want to run around outside running errands. Just filling the gas tank yesterday in that bitter weather was enough to make me dream of our upcoming trip to Hawaii.
So, the quick update:
Christopher -- He's somewhat healthy again. Last night he slept through the night without waking up with ear pain from his ear infection. Whew! His asthma is still not great and the cold weather isn't helping, but he's able to keep it in line enough that we can manage it without emergency calls from the school nurse.
Cate -- The girl keeps chugging along. She's been acting a bit tired lately -- like she's ready for vacation and sleeping in -- getting up and out early to get Christopher to school on time is hard on her. Can't blame her.
Greg -- Greg's doing well. Work seems fairly good -- busy, but in a good way. I think he's ready for vacation, too.
Work -- I had a 5 hour meeting yesterday with a client on a project looking at behavioral health care in the tribal system of Alaska. I've been working on this project for about 5 months now. It's been trying at times when I want more progress to be made quickly, but I'm also getting into the groove more with the personalities and how I can best help. I'm just glad that I don't have to work all day every day outside the home. Coming home at dinnertime to the breakfast dishes makes me a bit grumpy.
Paint -- I'm liking the paint for the most part, and Greg is too. Some of the colors are so subtle you can hardly tell there's a change. Others are more easily noticed -- like the caramely color on two walls in the great room. I never would have picked the color on my own, but I kind of like it. It's definately growing on me, especially when I see it in conjunction with the brick fireplace and the flooring. Excited to finish up. All in all, the color choices are very warm and make the house seem more warm and inviting compared to the stark white walls throughout before. I'm happy.
So, the quick update:
Christopher -- He's somewhat healthy again. Last night he slept through the night without waking up with ear pain from his ear infection. Whew! His asthma is still not great and the cold weather isn't helping, but he's able to keep it in line enough that we can manage it without emergency calls from the school nurse.
Cate -- The girl keeps chugging along. She's been acting a bit tired lately -- like she's ready for vacation and sleeping in -- getting up and out early to get Christopher to school on time is hard on her. Can't blame her.
Greg -- Greg's doing well. Work seems fairly good -- busy, but in a good way. I think he's ready for vacation, too.
Work -- I had a 5 hour meeting yesterday with a client on a project looking at behavioral health care in the tribal system of Alaska. I've been working on this project for about 5 months now. It's been trying at times when I want more progress to be made quickly, but I'm also getting into the groove more with the personalities and how I can best help. I'm just glad that I don't have to work all day every day outside the home. Coming home at dinnertime to the breakfast dishes makes me a bit grumpy.
Paint -- I'm liking the paint for the most part, and Greg is too. Some of the colors are so subtle you can hardly tell there's a change. Others are more easily noticed -- like the caramely color on two walls in the great room. I never would have picked the color on my own, but I kind of like it. It's definately growing on me, especially when I see it in conjunction with the brick fireplace and the flooring. Excited to finish up. All in all, the color choices are very warm and make the house seem more warm and inviting compared to the stark white walls throughout before. I'm happy.
1 comment:
I want to see pictures!
Post a Comment