Saturday Christopher enjoyed H2Oasis, the local waterpark with a few of his buddies. He ended up with 2 second graders from his class, one first grader from his class, and our neighbor, Josh. A nice, nice bunch of kids -- it's with relief that I saw who he chose to invite and thought to myself, "excellent choices." He really enjoyed his day, plus the double decker birthday cake he requested from his mom. Not bad for an allergy free birthday cake. He and Josh also concocted a plan for a sleep-over that night, so Josh ended up spending the night. We let them watch a movie that night after such a busy day. A great birthday for him.
In other news, we currently have the house taped and masked -- the painters arrived this morning to add fresh color to the walls of the main floor and the top floors of the house. The prep is all done -- after lunch they'll start in on the colors and I'm DYING to see how the colors look once they're up on the wall.
Christopher will get to see the new colors with us -- he is having yet another sick day at home. This time it's an ear infection. He was also complaining about toe pain, but an x-ray found that it wasn't broken and is probably just bruised. Hopefully, that will end the drama of complaining about walking up and down stairs. It's probably for the best -- his class was having an outdoor field trip to the Eagle River Nature Center today and it's 20 below zero. His asthma has been requiring treatment over the past few days and the extreme cold weather would not improve conditions.
And Happy Super Tuesday, everybody! Don't forget to vote if you have the chance! I have a meeting at Cate's school tonight which will get in the way of me being able to caucus. I even called our local party and found out who would be in charge of our voting district since I was told some districts might meet my timing requirements and others won't. Turns out the person in charge of our district is in my book club -- I contacted her and she told me I would be unlikely to make my meeting and also caucus. If only I wasn't leading the meeting -- I would love to be involved in the excitement of Super Tuesday events.
No comments:
Post a Comment