Thursday, April 16, 2009


Last week we decorated many, many eggs. I've never decorated real eggs with the kids -- too much fear of allergies. But this year the kids got interested and I decided that they are old enough to give it a try. I had no idea how much pent up creativity they had. Our only problem became unease when their beautiful creations got eaten by mom and dad. How do you explain to these guys that their art projects are actually quite delicious and will only go bad if left in the fridge forever?
To balance the needs of eating eggs and just having fun, and to meet the needs of having a houseful of kids on Saturday (I was childcare during a church ministry to paint somebody's house), I hard boiled 5-dozen more. Yep, 5 dozen. It kept the house full of kids pretty busy for quite a while. And Greg made many, many hard boiled eggs for the church Easter potluck the next day. I think we have a new tradition.

No comments: