Tuesday, February 09, 2010

We had a giant weekend. We hosted 3 big events at the house including bible study on Friday night (which includes a meal and the requisite clean up), International Food Night (homemade Korean gala dinner for 8), and a Super Bowl party on Sunday that had the house maxing out. Just finishing the grocery shopping for those 3 events tired me out on Friday!

It was all good -- it's a blast to have a house that can handle entertaining and I've grown to love it. That said -- I'm still recovering. I find that I just wear out a bit more quickly than usual since completing treatment. I can do a lot and go, go, go...but then I stop, stop, stop. I just don't have quite the stamina of yesteryear -- at least not yet.

It's awfully cold here these days -- getting out of the electric blanket in the mornings is brutal. I'm looking forward to cuddling up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and watching Ellen on AmericanIdol tonight. Can't believe it, but it's true. I need some veg out time and Hollywood Week is just what I need.

Tomorrow I'm supervising Christopher's battle of the books team at District, where they'll compete against about 50 teams from North Anchorage. The Chugach 5th/6th teams competed and took 2nd and 3rd at District for their age group. This has Christopher feeling a lot of pride for his Wish him luck! Then it will be moving on and trying to find the next big set of books to get his attention and exhilaration.

No comments: