I wish I had something exciting to blog about. Really, I do. But the reality is that I've been enjoying a bit of down time. It's possibly the most down time I've had in a decade (especially if you disregard down time that is a result of chemo, because that is down time that cannot be enjoyed.). I'm just starting to refill the schedule after clearing it out fairly completely over the past 8 months for treatment. I'm chaperoning 3 school events over the next week, hosting bible study and a Super Bowl party over the weekend, and will head back to the Soup Kitchen to volunteer for the first time since diagnosis next week. It's all good. I think I'm ready to start back with some work projects, but need to make the calls to get that going. I guess that while I'm ready to do that, I haven't been exactly hunting down the work. I should probably hop on that.
In the meantime, do you hate me if I tell you I've been spending most of my time planning my FIVE WEEKS of beach vacations we have planned for 2010? In addition to the 3 weeks in Greece, we have now added 2 weeks in Hawaii (one on Oahu and one on Kauai) to coincide with a conference Greg needs to attend there. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with blessing that I "need" to spend so much time determining which house on Crete to rent, or which part of Kauai might be best for a November journey.
3 comments:
Kauai is my favorite island on Hawaii... I've been twice. Very green and mostly unspoiled is my recollection (probably the original islanders would quibble with the "unspoiled" description). Have fun!
Thanks Doug. If you have any Kauai recommendations, I'll take 'em.
Well, the first time I was there was 1980, so I don't remember that much about the accomodations :-) ... We went there again when Margot was on the way. I don't remember where we stayed (though Heidi might) but I know we took a sight-seeing trip on a boat around the island, which was great (though I got very seasick) and took an eight-mile hike. (I know I'm not being very specific here.) Also a helicopter tour, which I don't know if I would do again... I've heard one too many stories of crashes since then.
I'll talk with Heidi and see if I can get any more specific details.
Post a Comment