So, check out this Sole elliptical I'm thinking of buying. Y'all know me -- you know I'm as cheap as they come (although I prefer the term "thrifty."). Some people really enjoy spending money and shopping -- I tend to break out in a cold sweat from it. Back in my intern days I knew every place in Washington D.C. where I could get a free meal . We would scope out every happy hour in town for the best free buffet and then buy one drink and bingo -- we had a $2.00 dinner! I even recall one night of sniffing through the halls of the U.S. Congress for one of those free buffets put on by the trade associations. Then I did it because I was poor as poor could be, but still, to this day, I enjoy shopping for my clothes at thrift stores over shopping in a regular store -- I enjoy my clothes so much more knowing that I got an entire new wardrobe for the price of one new first hand sweater. Which makes my contemplation of a new elliptical trainer all the more perplexing and surprising. Bringing a piece of large equipment into the house is a big decision -- nothing worse than spending money and devoting a large piece of space in the house to a machine that ends up being useful only for hanging up clothes to dry. Getting to the gym is tough with kids, though, and I'd love to get shorter but more frequent work-outs into my schedule.
I've spent some time researching different types of machines and brands so as to help make sure the machine will get good use. I am sort of thinking that the money I save on a gym membership will pay for it fairly quickly. Plus, I'll exercise more and maybe finally lose the baby weight? And I suppose mental health is priceless -- and exercise lends itself to mental health for me. Still, those cold sweats....but ain't she a beauty?
1 comment:
Very pretty and LOL about scouting out a free meal! Isn't it nice to be past the really poor days?
Post a Comment