Calling all Martha Stewart Wanna Be's
It's official...I just don't enjoy interior decorating. This is no surprise to those who know me. I enjoy the final result -- a beautiful home with fantastic color but I hate the process of choosing. Here are the sage green colors we've been eyeing for the dining room. The kitchen and living room will be almond cream -- I feel pretty good about that. But I wanted to give the dining room a bit of color. The designer brought two colors over -- the far left and far right colors. Both are much darker than what I envisioned. She then brought the lighter green -- celery for those who care about the strange names given to paint colors. And I picked the center color (lettuce) to try out. Any thoughts?
You know, within a year or so I hope to paint the whole house except for the kitchen/dining room/living room that we'll be painting this weekend-- might even pay a painter to do it in one fell swoop if I can swing it. And I'll pay a real, honest to goodness color consultant. When we painted the old house there were absolutely no second guesses about the colors she picked -- the first one she choose was the most amazing thing one could imagine. That sounds sublime -- no nightmares about celery vs. lettuce.
Any budding color consultants want to give their advice?
No comments:
Post a Comment