The kids were very excited to see me return from my weekend away. I don't know if it was because they truly missed me, or if it was because I came bearing gifts. Most likely it's the latter!
The kids have been clammering to be Star Wars characters for Halloween. Last year Christopher wanted to be a ghost -- the world's easiest and cheapest costume, and Cate wanted to be Snow White, a hand me down costume she already had in the dress up box. I used that to help rationalize buying new costumes this year. Christopher basically learned to "google" by searching various vendors of Star Wars themed costumes until he picked out his favorite. He helped Cate, too. I was set to order them when I realized that the vendor doesn't ship to Alaska. Argh -- don't they know that planes fly here, too?
Smart mommy that I am, the costumes were shipped to Holly's house, for pick up on my weekend get away. I returned bearing young Obi-Wan Kenobi and Queen Amidala costumes. They are just a wee bit excited, as you the pictures may show you. Christopher, in particular, was feeling his young Padwan (Jedi in training) character. Should be a fun Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment