Tuesday, October 23, 2007



Cate often amazes me with her good-natured, go-with-the-flow attitude in life. We've been very torn apart with the remodel, and Cate managed to find a cozy little corner next to the window where she could snuggle up with a book. She's surrounded by furniture that has been displaced from its normal spot in the house to make room for the work, but she is happy as a clam with her book and the sunny window spot.




She has lessons to teach the rest of us, or at least me. I'm starting to feel less stressed by things -- it's nice to have the sheet rock dust cleaned up a bit. I spent about 4 hours yesterday dusting, sweeping, and mopping everything from floors to doors to window sills that are covered with thick layers. There's plenty left to go, but at least it's a bit more manageable now. Cabinets were delivered this a.m. and should start being installed today. I'll be interested to see how things look. I made the choice of cabinets based on a small little square sample and a picture of the style. I am not very visual, so I don't have a clear sense of how cabinets will look in 3-D in the door style, wood choice, and stain I picked. Crossing my fingers I made a good choice.

No comments: