Poor Cate. On Friday she had her first little cavity filled at the dentist. This meant her first exposure to numbing medication. She apparently was fascinated by the fact that she could bite on her lip and not feel anything -- so during the remainder of our morning errands, she continued to bite on her lip as she sat in the back of the car. Now the poor girl looks like she's been in the ring with the Champ -- and not on the winning end of things. Her lip is big and puffy -- this picture was taken Friday night, soon after the biting occurred. It's actually become much more disgusting over the weekend -- enough to make me wonder about whether she needs a physician.
Greg assures me that lips get white before they heal -- so I'm trusting his judgement. It's currently whitish in the way I think "infection" but potentially just means it's healing. Also, our doctor's office is closed for the holiday weekend and I don't think it's bad enough to require an ER visit. But the poor girl -- really!
Woke up this morning to an ever so slight dusting of snow/ice on the top of the car. You can see the snow daily creep down the mountain -- so far only that light, light dusting this morning has made it's way to us.
I spent most of the weekend in bed with some kind of stomach flu. Not much fun -- serious stomach cramps on Friday and nausea on Saturday. I woke up this morning hungry instead of the mere sound of food sounding icky. Good sign for me. But now Greg is holed up on the couch watching Sunday football. Earlier in the week Cate would burst into tears about a stomachache and I attributed it to just needing to sit on the toilet but now am feeling a little bad that I didn't take it more seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment