Last night was the "Gold and Blue" banquet for cub scouts. It's the end of the year gathering of goofy skits where all the scouts get their badges and "graduate" to the next level of scouting. You'll see Christopher is proudly wearing his yellow kerchief in this photo -- his pack met all the requirements to move up to "Wolf Scouts" next year and they were presented with their new handbooks and kerchiefs to signify their new status. He was quite proud. In this photo, he is with Carl, Elias, and Kipp. The other photo shows Christopher mugging for the camera with his proud dad. I was a bit unsure about scouting when we joined -- just another thing to add into the calendar. But I think it has been an overall good thing for Christopher. It gives him an opportunity to do "boy" things that I don't necessarily always plan for him. I do a great job making sure he does his homework, is clean and fed, is read to, etc. But I don't plan hikes or provide opportunities for archery practice and kayaking often. Scouting gives him opportunities to try that kind of stuff. He's looking forward to scouts day camp this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment