Sunday, April 20, 2008


We went to some friends' house for dinner last night -- our "International Food Night" crowd. About every other month we get together to enjoy cuisine from a different country or region. Last night was the American South. We returned at around midnight -- just in time for Cate to wake up and vomit. She's been okay today, but a little low on energy. I just took her temperature and she has a very slight fever (about 99.6) and is complaining about a tummy ache, so I decided to let the kids veg out in front of "Star Wars" instead of going to church tonight. I'm praying she'll be feeling better before we get on the plane trip for Tokyo tomorrow night.
We've been busily packing, wrapping our gifts for our Japanese hosts, and getting my ipod loaded with some entertainment.
I love this photo -- Cate not feeling good and choosing to lay down on her brother's lap, while he rubs her back. It's one of the things about my kids that I love the most -- how much they genuinely love and care for each other. I see so many siblings bickering (and don't get me wrong, mine do at times) but when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, my kids genuinely look out for each other and enjoy each others' company.

No comments: