Saturday, April 05, 2008

We've been enjoying beautiful Spring weather -- in fact, we had to purchase rain pants this week for Christopher because he was getting soaked on the playground from the puddles of melted snow. And no, I didn't enjoy having to make a mid-day run downtown to take him a dry pair of pants after one particularly wet morning on the playground.

Grass has been peeking out for weeks now, and the feeling that Spring had in fact arrived was evident. Bliss. I even went so far as to hire a window washer to come to the house this weekend because all the sunshine coming through the multiple windows in the house showed off just how dirty they were and I wanted to enjoy that sunshine to its most.

Then this morning we woke up to this. Snow! And more snow! No, it may not end up being measured in feet -- it'll probably just be a few inches. But it's still coming down right now (on the poor window washers out on their ladders working to get the ceiling high windows in the great room). And the trees and grass are now covered in a thin blanket of white. I know I live in Alaska, so I should expect it. I know that in my head -- but sue me, I was enjoying the past week of leaving the house without a coat. Sigh.

No comments: