
The good news -- we've finally found a new book series that Christopher loves to read to himself. Some kids are rather unpicky -- their love of books extends to almost any and all books they can get their hands on. Christopher loves to read, but he's a little pickier right now about his books. We've been trying all kinds of series this summer to find a new one that would capture his imagination in the same way that A-Z Mysteries did -- making him sit and devour a book and then ask for the next one.
We finally found it -- the Jack Stalwart series about a secret agent boy. He wolfed it down in less than 2 days. Our only problem? The local library hasn't discovered Jack Stalwart yet -- I just checked the online catalog. We found this one at our local Borders when we picked up the next Harry Potter book. Bummer.
2 comments:
Did Marcia tell you about this? She was talking about a similar book but it's a series. I wish I could remember the name of it, sort of a teenage James Bond. I'll ask her at swimming today.
You're seeing Marcia at swimming? I'm so jealous. She didn't tell me, but this is a series. And we're grateful for it -- Toph is LOVING them.
Post a Comment