Sunday, June 08, 2008

The most exciting thing of the week happened on Friday. I keep saying I'm finally going to pay some attention to myself by buying semi-stylish clothes and paying a little bit of attention to my appearance. A mini-makeover. I'm not terribly vain, but it seems that I should be able to throw away the shirts with stains on them, and buy some new clothes that fit my body type. As my friend Lisa tells me, I should consider buying clothes that haven't been previously owned (i.e. no shopping at thrift stores) or bought from the same places I buy my tomatoes (i.e. no shopping at Fred Meyer or Costco). Seems simple enough -- but I haven't done it for many, many years as the needs of small children have overtaken any of my own needs.

So, Friday I finally got a phone call back from a hair stylist I had called over a week ago. Step one of Jenny's beauty makeover is a new haircut -- one not completed at Great Clips for $9.99 with a coupon. She could get me in that afternoon! I ran down and got a makeover hair cut and eyebrow wax ( I know -- who would have thunk it!). It's not dramatically different -- just enough to give it a nice shape. She gave me a deep conditioner treatment, too. Greg says I look like Cleopatra with it. It was lovely to start step 1 of the beauty makeover. I even went ahead and set up another appointment for 6 weeks in an effort to keep the hair looking nice -- I tend to wait until it looks horrible and then rush into the nearest walk-in spot I can find because I'm so fed up.

After the hair cut, I even stopped in a store and bought a few summer shirts -- part of Operation Jenny Makeover. Too bad it hasn't been warm enough to wear short sleeved shirts yet.

2 comments:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

What? No pictures?

Jed said...

Seriousy, post a picture!!