Ah yes, our spines and backs. It's easy to take them for granted when they're working well. It isn't until they aren't doing their job quite well that you look at the complexity of them and get filled with wonder at how God knit us together.
Greg's back hasn't been quite right since he hurt it in June. He's gotten better, but has found it can be fairly easily set off. Mine has done great since finishing up Physical Therapy this spring. However, all the extra stress and extra sitting (at my computer and in these longs meetings) over the past few months finally caught up with me. I headed to the chiropractor today for an adjustment and massage.
Massage is usually a nice term -- something to look forward to -- a treat. I'm telling you, the deep tissue massage I had today will undoubtedly help but was NOT enjoyable. She had me in tears (literally). She rubbed out visible knots in strange locations (arms, armpits, hips) that all strangely end up impacting how my back feels. God is pretty amazing in the way that he put these bodies together. I scheduled another one for later in the week since it was easy to see that she had made lots of progress, but hadn't had time to get all the knots out. I'm just grateful that after she was done, I could come and lay on the couch and close my eyes for a few minutes instead of heading back to work. I think I may get a few days off here while everybody reads the two 70-page reports I send over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment