Back to School
It may only be early August, but already the back to school vibe is in the air. Today we went to register Christopher. We got to see his class list, too. He'll stick with the same teacher (1st / 2nd grade combo, so kids always have the same teacher for two years before moving up to the next "family group") and the half of the class that were 1st graders with him last year will move up with him, too. Then there will be a new half of the class comprised of kids moving up into 1st grade. I don't know all the kids yet (I don't recognize them all), but I know a few of the parents, and they seem the nice and involved variety. As the "room mother" in charge of making sure people are volunteering next year I was elated to see a few of the parents who will be involved with the class next year. It should make my job much, much easier.
Christopher ran into a lot of buddies at the playground who also tagged along with their moms to registration. He was thrilled to see his old buddies again. I have hope for a great new school year for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment