I hate it when this happens!
I've spent much of the past two weeks since returning home from LA kvetching about how my kids lose everything. They both had lost their snow pants in my absence, plus Christopher had lost his glasses and his swim goggles. A search of the lost and found at school turned up things that belonged to us that we didn't even know we were missing - several of Cate's sweaters, her snow hat, one glove. I mean, come on, kids!
We found Cate's snow pants last week only to have them missing again already. We were going to force Christopher to buy himself new snow pants but he's decided to suck in the gut and wear last years' pants rather than shelling out the $40+ it would likely to cost to replace them. Cate has decided that wearing her brothers hand me downs that are 2 sizes too big is preferable in the same way.
So, after all my kvetching to the kids to keep track of their expensive belongings, what do I do today? I go to the grocery store, unpack all the groceries from the cart into the car, and then leave the parking lot with my purse still sitting in the grocery cart. I got about 15 miles away before realizing that my purse wasn't in my possession. And of course my cell phone was in the purse so I couldn't call the store to find out if anybody had returned it.
I continued on to pick up the kids from school where I could access a phone, only to be told that there was no sign of my purse. I was distraught. We stopped by the grocery store on our way home and were exceptionally pleased to find out that some body had, indeed, turned my purse in. I was terribly pleased. And feeling a bit guilty about all the hard times I've been giving my kids about their lost possessions. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment