As I was on the phone with the insurance company, Christopher came running in telling me we had a flood. Oh boy, was he right. Cate's toilet overflowed and there was water not only standing throughout her bathroom, but draining down through the floor to the next floor down and falling on the leather couch in the living room. I then looked to see where else it was running, and it was running into the A/V closet (all of Greg's spendy home theatre equipment soaked!) and even all the way down to the lowest level of the house in Christopher's bathroom and mudroom. Water, water everywhere. It was even shooting out of light fixtures.
After some quick instructions from Greg over the phone in how to turn off the water supply to the toilet, I got to clean up duty. It was fairly clear that we would need specialized help. We've had Service Master out all day, tearing out sheet rock and laminate flooring to dry things out completely. It's going to be quite a process figuring this all out.
So, wish us luck. Toph is off to the doctor this afternoon to make sure it's not strep (I don't think it is, but the sore throat is pretty massive so they want to check). Then there's all the clean up and restoration. Thank goodness for home owners insurance -- even if I'm wishing our deductible weren't quite so high. I guess we would have just been paying the difference in premiums over the years to have a smaller deductible. And wish me luck to get a final answer on this surgery. It's killing me to not know what's going on. This is my last chance to get it done before the trip to Greece -- which is sounding better and better all the time. Wish us luck getting through this day!
No comments:
Post a Comment