Monday, March 15, 2010





My last post along with this current post will tell you just how geeked out our house has become. The last post basically shared our undying love of Harry Potter -- now I'm on to Star Wars.

The Star Wars exhibit is in town and we braved the elements with visiting friends to spend a busy afternoon there. Now, to make it something that us parents are willing to shell out $22/adult and $8/child for, they package it as the Science & Technology of Star Wars. See, then it's educational and worth spending the big bucks on. Did my kids really learn any new science from the exhibit? Not really, but I suppose that doesn't dampen our enthusiasm for the outing. We really enjoyed seeing the real Yoda, Padme, Princess Amidala, etc. Things that I learned? Based on the costumes and their sizes, young Han Solo was a really tiny, wispy thing. Man, those pants that he wore in the first film would hardly fit Lindsey Lohan! And who knew that Hayden Christensen (aka Anakin Skywalker aka young Darth Vader) was such a strapping young fellow? No wonder he got the part -- I had no idea he had such broad shoulders!

Oh, and for extra credit, I'm including me and a storm trooper to show off the fact that I actually have some hair these days. Yes, it's still very short -- but comparing it to some pictures from earlier this winter, I feel like I finally have hair that just looks short (versus having chemo hair).

So, yes, the blog has been fairly silent the past week as we enjoyed our Spring Break and had fun with friends visiting from Fairbanks and friends from town alike. We pretty much had additional kids in the house starting Tuesday morning - Friday night. It was a great time -- we got to know our friends' kids better, got to spend time with Noah (and his mom) for the first time in a long time, and got to catch up with good friends. Oh, and the kids got to go to the Star Wars exhibit and H2Oasis (our local indoor water park). It was a fun week -- now it's back to normal life, cleaning up the house, making my way through Mt. Laundry situated on my bed, and taking care of all the things that I didn't do during Spring Break.

3 comments:

jaime said...

Great fun! And Jenny, you look beautiful with short hair!!

Doug said...

OMGz so cool, and you look great in pic #3!

I went to a similar thing about 12 years ago... "Star Wars and Myth," or something, produced in conjunction with the Smithsonian. Attempted to relate Star Wars to classic mythology to justify putting the costumes and props in a museum exhibit. Whatevs, dudes. It's Star Wars. It's cool enough on its own. Or so says I.

jjloudon said...

Same for us, Doug. We enjoyed it, but they could have had more truth in advertising that it's just cool stuff to see. And thanks for the hair compliments, guys! You're great