The two biggies this week so far have been time to interview teacher candidates and catching up on some work for a client. Cross your fingers that all goes well with the hiring -- it's now in HR's hands. I've not worked with Anchorage School District human resources to know how quickly things might go. Teachers are supposed to be back in the classroom on Thursday and it would be great to have somebody hired by then.
Cate and I spent a very nice weekend together while the boys were at Blueberry Safari camping. I wish I could've gone (really! I know -- people who know me know that I haven't been the hugest camping fan, but I was totally psyched to go until I got sick). Cate was also under the weather with a sinus infection so the two of us had a girl weekend. I basically let Cate make all the decisions for the weekend. We spent a night out at Girdwood in our friend's condo (last chance) and really just enjoyed each other's company. She had found a penny with the head up so it was a lucky penny. She kept saying all weekend that it was working because she was having so much fun. And there's nothing like a little space apart to make the kids love each other again. :-)
Now if we can just get Toph back to normal. He didn't get much sleep during Blueberry Safari and has been a bit of a bear. Pray that the boy gets some much needed rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment