Monday, August 02, 2010

Ok, azithromyocin -- do your stuff! I made it to the doctor today and came out with a prescription for an antibiotic to treat a sinus/ear infection. I'm hopeful that the medicine will get to work quickly and start making me feel better. I was able to move around today a bit with the help of a recommended over the counter medicine, but admit I'm feeling wiped out. I need to get some work done this week for a client, so I'm hoping that my head will start feeling a little less foggy shortly.

We had some hard news today from the school front -- Christopher's teacher for next year has accepted a new position at Denali Elementary school to lead their gifted program (I'm assuming it's their Ignite program). I think she'll be very good at it -- it's likely a wonderful fit for her. But Christopher was supposed to have Traci for both 3rd and 4th grade, and now he's feeling like he was gypped because he only got one of those years. I always love the year of him being an "elder" when it's his second year in the class with the same teacher because that year always seems so smooth -- the teacher knows the kids, doesn't have to do quite as much assessment, and the kids know what is expected of them. With Cate being a "younger" next year I was happy that Christopher would have the benefits of being an "elder" so that only one was getting used to the new set-up. We won't get those bonuses next year, though, as we help to break in a new teacher.

I'll admit it -- I'm a praying kind of gal. So, I'm praying that a great teacher will come to take Traci's place. Traci has a great reputation as an exacting teacher with very high standards, and that was very good for Christopher in some ways and very hard in others. I'm just praying that the perfect teacher for Toph will show up to take that place -- in the less than 2 weeks til teachers return to the classrooms. Yikes!

Tomorrow we find out who Cate's teacher will be for 1st/2nd grade. It'll be fun to see the list and help her get excited about her new classmates and teacher, whoever she may be.

No comments: