Sunday, August 01, 2010


Is it ok to whine a little about being sick? I've pretty much been stuck at home for the past 3 days with my congestion and cough and pressure in my ears. At risk of being of providing TMI (Too Much Information), how can one person make so much snot? I'm just saying......

I guess I should be glad that we had the ability to call off the "to do" list for a few days and simply watch movies, read books, and take afternoon naps. But I'm ready to feel better.We had a full and exciting weekend planned and we didn't get to do any of it. I promise, I'll head to a doctor tomorrow if I'm not making progress.

I believe this is my first illness since completing chemo. I know it's only a minor illness in comparison, but I'm definitely getting flashbacks. Is that strange? It's the days upon days of feeling icky and laying around the house that are bringing me back to those post-chemo days. I think Cate felt it, too. She had a worried look in her eyes and provided a whole lot of extra snuggling on that first day I wasn't feeling well. It was a different response than most little girls would have to seeing their mother with a run-of-the mill illness. It was reminding her of when mommy laid around on the couch all the time.

I'm grateful that this illness is likely to be gone soon. And I'm so grateful that the cause of feeling so bad is a virus rather than toxic medicines coursing through my veins. I guess that is the way to look on the bright side of life (start whistling your best Monty Python whistle here....).

No comments: