Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cate is obsessed with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. She wants to sing the song constantly, only she can't remember all the words, so she wants me to help. She is especially fond of having me sing the first phrase, and having her finish the sentence.

I try to remember that the day will come oh so quickly when I will cherish the thought of my daughter desiring a duet with her mother. Yes, I try to remember that on rendition #32 of the day. In addition to the song, she is full of questions about Rudolph, like where is Rudolph right now? Will he be coming to our house? Is Rudolph a boy or a girl? And in every Christmas book she reads she is on the look-out for her favorite red-nosed friend. Yes, she's cute -- although can a mother dream that the obsession was with the baby Jesus rather than Rudolph?

No comments: