Tuesday, December 05, 2006


First the good news about my back. Today, on day 6 of my injury I'm finally able to get up and move around a bit. I drove by myself for the first time since my injury. Hooray! I went to the chiropractor, who used inferential treatment and heat on my back, and showed me some basic stretches to help it heal faster. I'm not back to myself yet -- lifting and bending are tough, and after a while of sitting or standing, I need to rest my back. But I'm making some progress, which really makes me happy.

Before all this back stuff happened, I took Cate in for her first real haircut. Up until now, we've basically just trimmed her hair, mostly the bangs. All the pictures of Hawaii show Cate with shaggy hair, and she didn't want me to put it in pony tails or anything else. So, I decided to get her first real haircut. I asked for a bob, but didn't really anticipate that it would be so short. I saw the hair dresser make the first cut and almost cried in horror -- but by that time it was too late. When Greg got home he was aghast and suggested I talk to him first before cutting his little girl's hair all off of her. I don't think Greg has ever minded me getting the kids a hair cut before, even when I mangled Christopher's. He always took the "it'll grow back" road. But this one, on his sweet little girl shocked him.

Now that it's had almost a week to grow a bit and for it to grown on us, I like it. I still wish it were a bob that was 2 inches longer, but what are you going to do?

2 comments:

jjloudon said...

It's growing on me. And Cate seems to like it ok. She spent a long time looking in the mirror on the day we got it cut!

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Same thing happened to us when Abi was little only it was Oma who cut it. We ended up loving it and it keeps them younger a little longer. Cate's is adorable and it will grow out in no time. Someday you'll look back and say, 'remember that cute haircut?'