Alright, I need mommy advice. Cate has been potty-trained for a good 6 months with one lone exception. She won't poop in the potty. She blessedly waits until she's in a pull-up and ready for bed before doing her business, but it's getting old really fast.
Since she tends to do it at bedtime, we sit on the potty for a good 15 minutes before bed reading books to try to get things taken care of. Doesn't matter -- 3 minutes later when she's in her bedroom she'll call out that she needs help getting clean.
I think it's a bedtime stalling tactic, but what is to be done? And can kids really withhold their #2 and do it on demand? And how do I get her to stop? We've offered her the gold medal of kids' incentives -- a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's (ick!) if she'll start taking care of business appropriately but we're still waiting. Even Christopher is getting annoyed -- he wants that trip to Chuck E Cheese's. So, any mothers of any age who have an idea, please send them in. I need your help!
No comments:
Post a Comment