Amazed by my son
Sometime I just look at my son and am in awe of the person he's becoming. We had that kind of weekend -- where I bask in the beauty of the person Christopher is growing into.
First, he and Cate played so wonderfully together all weekend long while I started packing boxes. They went on pretend hikes through the house, they built forts, they built an animal hospital where they tended to all the sick and injured stuffed animals. When Cate was hurt or sad, Christopher got down and looked in her eyes and talked sweetly to her in a sing-song voice until she felt better. He was showing his maturity, creativity, independence, and thoughtfulness. When he did something even slightly wrong, he would come and bow his head and say he was sorry. He followed directions the first time he was asked to do something. At one point he tried to encourage his sister with her coloring skills saying, "it's ok, Catie. It might seem hard, but it's not hard if you just try. Just like I thought reading was going to be too hard, but I tried and it's not hard at all."
If this is how he is at (almost) 6, I can only imagine what kind of man he'll be. I'm already proud as could be -- and praying such wonderful and maturity continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment